Insure What? Celebrity Body Parts Insured
Insurance is a financial instrument to protect valuable assets. For most people, this means purchasing policies to cover such assets such as a home or vehicle. But for the athletes, entertainers, and musicians, their most important asset is themselves!
Check out the valuations these ten celebrities placed on their most valuable asset…
David Beckham – During his time as a professional soccer player, David insured his legs for an astounding $140 million in the event an injury ended his career.
Mariah Carey – The ability to tour and promote talent is a musician’s greatest asset. Mariah insured not only her voice for $35 million, but also her legs for another $35 million in case an injury prevented her from performing.
Daniel Craig – James Bond may seem invisible, but the actor behind the British spy isn’t. To protect his earning potential from the lucrative movie series, Daniel insured his entire body for starring in the film “Quantum of Solace” back in 2008.
Jamie Lee Curtis – A successful actress in her own right, you may think Jamie Lee purchased insurance before performing in such great files as “Halloween” and “True Lies.” But it was L’Eggs pantyhose that bought a $1 million policy on her legs to protect their beloved spokesperson.
America Ferrera – With a snow-white smile, “Ugly Betty” start America Ferrera landed a spokesperson spot with Aquafresh White Trays. To protect their investment, GlaxoSmithKline insured her smile for a cool $10 million.
Tom Jones – Proving that anything can be insured, Tom made sure that if anyone of his millions of fans happen to pluck off some of his chest hair, his $6.9 million insurance policy would recoup any financial losses if his sex appeal were diminished.
Heidi Klum – During her thirteen-year run as the host of “Project Runway”, the production company insured Heidi’s legs for $2 million. Due to a scar, her left leg was valued slightly more than her right.
Julia Roberts – Since her breakout role in “Pretty Woman”, actress Julia Roberts will forever be known for her pearly whites. So much so, Lancome insured her teeth for $30 million while she represented the fragrance brand.
Keith Richards – This Rolling Stones legend knew how valuable his hands were and purchased a $1.6 million policy. There is debate, however, whether both hands were insured or just the middle finger on his left hand (for chord playing of course).
Bruce Springsteen – The New Jersey legend’s gravely voice was insured for $6m back in the 1980’s during the height of his fame as the voice of American rock n’ roll. Have a key physical “asset” worth millions? Call us and we can help come up with a plan to insure it.
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- Keeping Health Insurance After a Layoff
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- How Life Insurance Benefits Women
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- Coverage for healthcare treatment denied? Here’s what you can do.
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Buying Life Insurance for an Elderly Parent?
- Medicaid Unwinding: Your Questions Answered
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- Buying Health Insurance: A Millennial’s Guide
- Self-Love Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Life Without Clutter
- Set Yourself Up for Success with Your Fitness Routine
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- I’m 60+; Do I Need Life Insurance?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year’s Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- 6 Cold Weather Safety Tips
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need Right Now?
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Building Bone Density for Seniors
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 3 Top Habits that Lead to a Happy Life After Retirement
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- Everything You Need to Know When Retiring Under 65
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- Utilizing Medicare Preventative Services
- The Harsh Reality of Credit Card Fees
- Keeping Your Health Insurance Affordable
- 7 Tips to Weather Challenging Periods in Your Life
- What is a Variable Annuity? 4 Key Details You Should Know
- 4 of the Best Ways to Stay Healthy this Summer
- How to Prevent Sun Damage to Your Eyes
- 3 Tips for Safer Grilling
- When the Sun is NOT Your Friend (What You Need to Know about Sun Exposure)
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Common Exercise Pains – How to Work Past Them and When to Call for Help
- Signs Your Identity Has Been Stolen (and what to do about it)
- How Does Inflation Affect Life Insurance?
- Know the Benefits of Walking
- Do Brain Food Supplements Really Work?
- Ways You Can Spend Less on Gas
- What Are Alternatives if LTC isn’t Right for You?
- 4 Tips for a Less Stressful Summer
- Veteran and Medicare Benefits Work Together
- What are the Safest States From Natural Disasters?
- How to Choose an In-Home Care Provider for Your Loved One in 5 Steps
- 7 Myths About Your Back Pain
- 5 Foods that Will Help Keep Your Mind Healthy
- Don’t Throw Away Those Used Coffee Grounds
- I’m 50 Years Old. Should I Keep My Life Insurance?
- How to Spot Government Imposters
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Buying a Life Insurance Policy
- Happiness Through Healthy Food
- 5 Step Checklist to Choosing a Health Insurance Plan
- 5 Creative Spring Décor Ideas
- 10 Ways to Maintain Healthy Joints
- 3 Incredible Healthcare Smart Technologies Coming Your Way
- Do I Need a Long-Term Care Plan?
- Senior Diet: To Meat or Not to Meat
- How to Take Care of Your Personal Intangible Assets
- Dream All-Inclusive Trips to Escape the Cold
- How to Get Health Insurance if You’re a Freelancer
- Safety Tips for Driving in Winter
- Ways to Locate a Lost Life Insurance Policy
- Critical Times in Life that You Need Life Insurance
- Giving and Forgiving
- Why Buy Life Insurance on Children
- Things We Are Grateful for This Year
- What to Avoid When Switching to Medicare from the Public Health Exchange
- How to Host a Successful Virtual Holiday Party
- Is One of These Factors Keeping You from Seeking Life Insurance?
- Who Invented Insurance Anyway?
- Common Senior Micronutrient Deficiencies
- The Art of Aging Well
- Insure What? Celebrity Body Parts Insured
- Using HSAs in Your Retirement Planning
- 6 Strange Insurance Policies You Can Buy
- How Valuable Is Cash Value Life Insurance?
- Mistakes You Can Make When Exercising at Home
- Why You Should Never Lie to the Underwriter
- Forget Salad Recipes, Try a Salad “Matrix”
- Why Gardening is Good for Your Health
- Best Nutrition Apps
- Reducing Stress Through Music
- Factors that Affect Health and Life Insurance Coverage
- Thanksgiving: 4 Contactless Ways to Give Back
- Carbon Monoxide Concerns in the Home
- How to Save on Electricity for Free
- Why You Should be Grateful for the Year 2020
- Whole or Term Life Insurance
- Does a Stay-at-Home Spouse Need Life Insurance?
- Preventing Heart Health Issues
- Life Insurance for Your Newlywed Child
- Exercises for a Sedentary Lifestyle
- Post Pandemic Travel Tips
- Remote Activities You Can Do with Your Grandkids
- Benefits of Grateful Living
- Power Foods that Lift the Spirit
- How to Live Without Regrets